- Sous Vide Immersion Circulators
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator Cooking Kits
- Sous Vide Circulating Bath Systems - Polycarbonate
- Sous Vide Circulating Baths Systems - Stainless Steel
- Sous Vide Educational & Reference Material
- Vacuum Sealers
- The Anti-Griddle™
- The Smoking Gun™
- The Sonicprep™
- Rotary Vacuum Evaporator
- Gift Cards
- Cooking Techniques
- Sous Vide Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
The Sonicprep Ultrasonic Homogenizer
The Sonicprep offers a wide range of techniques, such as extraction, infusion, homogenization, emulsification, suspension, degassing and rapid barrel-aging.The advantage of the Sonicprep:
Since it applies insignificant amount of heat and can finish the process in less than 2-3 minutes, it maintains vivid flavor and aroma, causes no loss of nutrition, maintains bright colors of ingredients and creates a rounder and smoother flavor. Because of short processing times, it provides maximum flexibility for chefs.
The system is comprised of 4 major components: generator, converter, probe and sound box. Through the probe, it applies 20,000 cycles of high-frequency ultrasonic waves. In liquid, the probe tip releases rapid vibrations that cause expansion and collapsing of microscopic bubbles.Features included with the Sonicprep:
- Ultrasonic processor with 400 Watt
- Power output control to match power to the application
- Continuous or timed (0-15 minutes) operation
- Pulsed mode to minimize heat generation
- Broad process range from 1 ml to over 500 ml per sample
- Power output meter to monitor power and permit reproducability
- Includes a high-efficiency converter which requires no internal cooling
- Supplied with a standard 1/2" titanium probe
- Supplied with a sound box with transparent door to reduce high noise level
Examples of Sonicprep applications:
- Stable Emulsions: create a very fine suspension of liquids that don't mix (vinaigrette) without using an emulsifying agent.
- Aging calvados with wood chips in less than 2 minutes with a flavor effect that would usually take 2 years.
- Degas and homogenize wine: wine treated for 1-2 minutes will appear with a much fuller and rounder mouth feel.
- Infusions and extractions: volatile aromas of fresh herbs or spices can be quickly infused into a liquid, such as a cocktail.
- Intensifying fruit or vegetable pulp for sauces and purée by cell disruption
- Tenderizing and marinating meat
- Intensify stocks: apply Sonicprep™ to shrimp stock and achieve more intense flavor without overcooking the delicate protein.
Weight & Dimensions
- Generator Dimensions (HxWxD): 8.8 x 7.4 x 16.8 in / 43 x 36 x 61 cm
- Sound Box Dimensions (HxWxD): 24 x 17 x 14 in / 60 x 43 x36 cm
- Generator Weight: 25 lbs / 11.3 kg